Thursday, October 19, 2017

Dusting off the covers ...

That would be a lot of dust to dust off you know. I am still fat, no OBESE! That's the right term here. Anyway, it has never bothered me much before and I don't let it consume my life. It is who I am.
However, I am 34 and this extra weight is catching up. Most annoyingly the pre-diabetes that's looming on my head like a dark, angry cloud, ready to rain full blown diabetes on my head. OR the pain in my knees, back, arms, maybe not all of it is weight related but it's there.

So, two days ago I was browsing and I came across this detox article. Now, I have never fallen for the fad diets, the shortcuts etc. I'd like to think I have enough of a brain to know it won't work. Also, I know myself, very well and most of the time I am NOT in denial about that and therefore, I know that  I will not follow those detox blah blah. BTW, what the heck is a detox anyway? God did create us with organs to take the toxins out of our body. Anyway, back to the article. So I read it and realized it wasn't asking me to drink juice for 7 days or just eat fruits and vegetables but what it was cutting out was processed foods, sugar and complex carbs. Hmmm ... I think I can start with that.

I read through the whole thing and came up with a plan. This time, I printed everything. Set up what I'd eat for the next 7 days and off to the grocery store I went. AND came back with $130 worth of groceries. Ummm, this diet thing is going to break my bank but I am worth $130 and if this works we can figure this pricey tag out.

So I embarked on this mission this morning. I washed, cut and froze all the foods for my smoothies and weighed myself. We'll call my starting weight 0lbs. The goal for the next seven days is not to see how much weight I lose but to make sure I stick with it. It's a self control thing.

So, off to the races I go.

Oh and I am recording this, just so I can put this to paper, "virtual" paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment