Thursday, October 26, 2017

And we come to a close!!

I did it. I stuck to a plan for 7 days! No processed food, no sugar, no junk foods.

According to the scale, I lost 4.6lbs. I don't know for some reason I thought the loss would be greater but I will take it. I am 4.6lb closer to my goal. 4.6lbs more than I was last week.

Where do I go from here? I have been sitting on a copy of Body Boss. It's an exercise routine for 12 weeks. The usual cardio plus HIIT sessions and it uses your body's own weight. Plus it has a 4 week routine for beginners, like me, who haven't exercised in ages.

My fasting blood sugar was 130 today, 139 yesterday. I am extremely bummed about that. My physical is in 15 days. If it doesn't come down, I am sure my doc will have to put me on meds. I can only imagine what my A1C will be and I am scared. I need exercise especially walking to help with that. I have proven to myself that diet alone did nothing to that number.

As for food, I am going to continue a variation of what I have been eating. I am going to reduce my fruit intake, lots of carbs there. No pasta, no rice but maybe an occasion whole wheat toast. Still stick to no junk food.

If I can sustain even a 1 lb loss each  week that would be awesome. My body doesn't like to cooperate with my efforts. :)

So my new goal: lose 5 lbs by the end of November. Baby steps people, baby steps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment